Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Farewell To An Interesting Class

I know we're supposed to "technically" write about a medium, but being as how this is the last blog post for the semester, I figured, "What the heck? I'll say goodbye and reflect."

I will be taking away from this class a lot of knowledge that I previously did not store in the depths of my brain cells. I learned quite a bit of very interesting information that I did not know I enjoyed knowing and also information that I could've survived, and enjoyed surviving, without knowing (some information we took in was a little graphic and a little biased - but hey, technically, all information is biased in some way, shape or form).

My favorite part of the class had to be the chapter presentations by my fellow classmates. I really enjoyed seeing what they found most important and interesting out of the chapters they selected. It is a different way to learn and I think I took away a lot more information away from the class because it wasn't the same technique or process everyday as it would be if just one person, such as the teacher, taught everyday. My least favorite part of the class was the theory project and the amount of homework. I understand that the homework is necessary but I had 21 credits this past semester and all the homework was difficult for me to keep up with. I did not really care for the theory project because it was extremely difficult to find information for especially since we couldn't use the book for a source. I enjoyed working with my group, we had fun, but I did not like the project itself.

The material we learned in class will definitely influence the way I view advertisements, movies, TV shows, music videos, read a paper, magazine or a book. I learned a great deal and will apply it to the rest of my life and my career.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, we have learned a lot about advertisements and media, I also learned how to multi-task about 5 different assignments for this class at once! I would still recommend this class to anyone taking it...

    ReplyDelete